- Sónar 2010 | 17.09.2010 | Obtain your Sonar Barcelona 2011 pass and professional accreditation under very advantageous conditions
- Sónar 2010 | 16.09.2010 | Sónar successfully ends the first Sónar Chicago
- Sónar 2010 | 28.07.2010 | Sónar presents the first Sónar Chicago on the 9th, 10th and 11th of September 2010
- Sónar 2010 | 30.06.2010 | We already have the dates for Sonar 2011
- Sónar 2010 | 28.06.2010 | Sónar on Montjuïc de Nit
- Sónar 2010 | 28.06.2010 | Watch the Sónar 2010 sum up videos
- Sónar 2010 | 16.06.2010 | Last minute: change in the Lucky Me showcas
- Sónar 2010 | 16.06.2010 | Ryoji Ikeda photo competition
- Sónar 2010 | 15.06.2010 | Sónar 2010 :: in the airwaves and on the net
- Sónar 2010 | 12.06.2010 | Saturday 19th Programme + Parking at Sónar by Night + Specials
- previous 1 .. 2 .. 3 .. 4 .. 5 .. 6 next
On 5th and 6th March, Sonar will offer a new “Taste of Sonar” at the Roundhouse in Camden, in London.
It will be two nights to savour in pure Sonar style, containing a small-scale version of the intense festival experience - a sampler featuring two prestigious names as confirmed artists: the enigmatic North American MC and producer DOOM, in Europe for the first time, and the French artist Laurent Garnier. More artists will be announced soon.
This year, for the first time, Red Bull Music Academy will programme the Studio Theatre Stage solely from its participants, representing some of the most exciting emerging talent from around the globe.
Tickets for 'A Taste of Sonar' London already on sale.
"A Taste of Sonar" London / Friday March the 5th 2010
A key figure in hip-hop, in Europe for the first time
DOOM is the new alias of the New York producer and rapper Daniel Dumile Thompson, who has previously worked under various pseudonyms including MF DOOM, VIKTOR VAUGHN, DANGER DOOM (with Danger Mouse) and MADVILLAIN (with Madlib). An essential figure for those with a taste for underground hip-hop on an outlandish tip, he always hides behind a Doctor Doom style villain's mask. His creation of his own universe based on old superhero comics and the mythology of Japanese monsters has given him a legendary aura and won over all types of fans. Among these are names that are more closely linked to rock: Thom Yorke, the main man in Radiohead, has remixed his track "GAZZILLION EAR" as a sign of his devotion to the masked superhero of rap. Sonar is bringing DOOM to London for his first live show in Europe, at the festival’s London event. His live shows are always a surprise wrapped inside a mystery, so it may well be a night to remember.
“A Taste of Sonar” London / Saturday March the 6th 2010
A new album by a classic among classics
The second name to give a shine to "A Taste of Sonar" London is Laurent Garnier, who will be presenting live the material from his latest album, "Tales of a Kleptomaniac" (PIAS, 2009), on which the renowned French producer experiments with various styles of electronic music including techno, dub and jazz-house. Laurent Garnier's career takes in more than twenty years as a DJ and over fifteen as a producer, and in all this time he has been a key figure in the popularisation and spread of rave culture and electronic dance music all over Europe. Some of his most well-known releases –"A shot in the dark" and "Unreasonable behaviour", which included anthems like "Astral dreams" and "The man with the red face"– will also be part of the French musician's new live repertoire.
"A Taste of Sonar" 5th and 6th March, 2010
Chalk Farm Road - NW1 8EH London