- Sónar 2010 | 17.09.2010 | Obtain your Sonar Barcelona 2011 pass and professional accreditation under very advantageous conditions
- Sónar 2010 | 16.09.2010 | Sónar successfully ends the first Sónar Chicago
- Sónar 2010 | 28.07.2010 | Sónar presents the first Sónar Chicago on the 9th, 10th and 11th of September 2010
- Sónar 2010 | 30.06.2010 | We already have the dates for Sonar 2011
- Sónar 2010 | 28.06.2010 | Sónar on Montjuïc de Nit
- Sónar 2010 | 28.06.2010 | Watch the Sónar 2010 sum up videos
- Sónar 2010 | 16.06.2010 | Last minute: change in the Lucky Me showcas
- Sónar 2010 | 16.06.2010 | Ryoji Ikeda photo competition
- Sónar 2010 | 15.06.2010 | Sónar 2010 :: in the airwaves and on the net
- Sónar 2010 | 12.06.2010 | Saturday 19th Programme + Parking at Sónar by Night + Specials
- previous 1 .. 2 .. 3 .. 4 .. 5 .. 6 next
In 2010, the Grec and Sonar festivals come together for a very special night, on Thursday 17th June, for which a joint production is being prepared –for the first time– that will take place in the Teatre Grec in Barcelona.
Two shows on a single night
The Japanese composer and visual artist Ryoji Ikeda will present two spectacles at the Teatre Grec.
The first, “spectra [barcelona]”, is a large-scale installation –located in the amphitheatre– which uses an immense white light as sculptural material. The result is an enormous column of light, visible from miles around, which will change the appearance of the city for one night and will make a strong impression on anyone who sees it.
Ikeda will also give us two performances of his audiovisual show “test pattern [live set]”, in which a programme transforms the Japanese composer's audio signal patterns into synchronised barcodes on a screen in real time. The result, which will be on display in the Teatre Grec gardens, shows intense flickering black and white images which convulse in darkness to a poweful soundtrack.
Ryoji Ikeda – spectra [barcelona]
Co-produced by Grec Barcelona Festival and Forma
Production co-ordinated by Elsinor
Ryoji Ikeda – test pattern [live set]
Produced by Forma
Concept, composition: Ryoji Ikeda
Visual programming: Tomonaga Tokuyama